103 S. Main Street
Versailles, KY 40383
(859) 873-3421 - Office
(859) 873-6985 - Fax
Monday - Thursday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Friday, 8:00am - 5:30pm
Open to the public June 1st with appointments only
- Office Hours: Mon.-Thurs. 8:00 am - 4:00 pm; Friday 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Vehicle registration renewals will continue to be processed on a daily basis. The following are all options for you to renew your vehicle registration(s):
- Dropping off your unexpired vehicle registration(s), proof of insurance, and check made payable to the Woodford County Clerk inside an envelope that is addressed to the Woodford County Clerk in the Sheriff's black drop-box outside of the Sheriff's office at the courthouse or at Midway City Hall. All registration requests are collected from Midway City Hall and the courthouse drop-box, processed, and mailed back to you that day. Please write your phone number and email address on the outside of your envelope in case we need to reach you;
- We can process your vehicle renewals over the phone by taking a credit card payment;
- Renewing online by using https://secure.kentucky.gov/kytc/renewal. Enter your vehicle title number, license plate number, and credit card number. Vehicles that cannot be renewed online are: Vehicles with expired registrations, leased vehicles, vehicles without current insurance, or vehicles that are owned by someone who has overdue property taxes on ANY vehicle; and
- Of course, you can always mail your unexpired registration(s) to the office address: 103 South Main Street, Room 120, Versailles, KY 40383.
- Boat registrations cannot be renewed online; however, registrations can be renewed over the phone or by dropping off your registration and check in either drop-box.
- Vehicle transfers will be taken by appointment only during this controlled opening period of time.
- Notary applications can be processed online by following this link: http://web.sos.ky.gov/notaries/index
- Voter registrations can be completed on the following link: govoteky.com
- Land Records - the vault can be accessed by making an appointment with Darra or Rose at 859-873-3421
- Marriage Licenses will be issued with appointments only until further notice.
Functions of the Office
The County Clerk is responsible for these services:
- Notary Public
- Licensing - motor vehicles, watercraft, hunting/fishing and marriage.
- Records Archival - deeds, real estate mortgages, power of attorney, easements, real estate options and leases.
- Elections - voter registration, primary and regular election management, election ballots - paper, absentee or mechanical.
- Tax Collection - assists the PVA and Sheriff in the notification and collection of property taxes.
Where to Vote
Use the link below to determine your voting precinct: