Woodford County WKY Disaster Relief Efforts
United We Stand – Woodford County
Woodford County is united in our efforts to help our fellow Kentuckians in need from the severe storms and tragic tornado in western Kentucky.
Thank you for giving Woodford County. You have always stepped up in times of need.
We are in communication and working closely with the Governor's office, Emergency Management, and friends and family on the ground in the disaster zone.
A big thank you to Woodford County Public Schools, the FFA, Cheerleaders, FCA, students, teachers and administration for leading the way.
Tomorrow Wednesday, December 14, 2021 the first school buses with supplies will be heading to the Green River Region Educational Cooperative in Bowling Green which has storage and distribution efforts to serve the needs of students and families.
The second round of supplies will be headed to the Western Kentucky Education Cooperative in Murray on Monday, December 20th. We are asking that all donated supplies be dropped off by Friday, December 17th.
Local Donation Drop-off Locations:
- Each Woodford County School is a donation location.
- The Woodford FFA is collecting donations at Woodford County High School. Woodford Cheer, Woodford FCA and other student groups are also collecting.
- Callies Homestyle Restaurant is accepting donations at 447 Lexington Rd., Versailles, KY 40383
- Rolling Oven Taproom - 140 Court St, Versailles, KY 40383 – Rolling Oven is taking their food truck to WKY, please support their efforts
- Versailles United Methodist Church - 230 Paynes Mill Road Versailles, KY 40383. Phone: 859.873.4304. Fax: 859.879.1866. Email: VUMC@versaillesumc.org
- Versailles Police Department - take to front lobby and buzz dispatch
- EMS Station No.1 on Big Sink - ring the bell or leave in the front foyer
- Versailles Fire Station on Locust Street, downtown Versailles
List of Items to Requested (subject to change):
Space heaters, Kerosene Heaters, Propane heaters
IMPORTANT: At this point, officials are asking people not to travel to disaster areas unless part of the official rescue and recovery effort.
Donations may be mailed to:
Mayfield-Graves County Fairgrounds
The official Team Western Kentucky Tornado Relief Fund assists those impacted by the tornados and the severe weather system on December 11, 2021. All donations are tax-deductible and donors will receive a receipt for tax purposes after donating.
Please also consider giving financially: The Woodford County Salvation Army has confirmed folks can donate funds to help the Salvation Army's official efforts at: Give.helpsalvationarmy.org On the pull down menu you can choose Kentucky.
To donate to the Woodford County Salvation Army by check make payable to and mail to Woodford County Salvation Army, P. O. Box 1558. Versailles, KY 40383. Please specify December 2021 Tornado Kentucky in memo. (Please note: Local Kettle Collections all remain in Woodford County)
Individuals are also being encouraged to contribute what you can to the Kentucky Red Cross. Please donate online here.
Text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief. To donate by phone via credit card or to ask questions about donating money to the Red Cross, please call 1-800-HELP NOW (1-800-435-7669)
Blood is in short supply and desperately needed. We are working on a local blood drive and you can give blood through the Red Cross and Kentucky Blood center.
Kentucky Red Cross: Find your local blood bank here
Kentucky Blood Center: Find a drive here
We are communicating with folks on the ground and we will have an updated list of needs in the next few days. Stand by. Stay tuned for more information to come. We appreciate everyone's desire to help out our fellow Kentuckians in need. United we stand. #WoodfordCares #WoodfordProud